Re: [Phys-l] made-up evidence

On 08/20/2011 10:42 AM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:
I found both + the substitute worked. However, being deaf, and no CC's (subtitles), gave up.

A transcript can be found at:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/28/999766/-Jon-Stewart-blasts-the-conservative-victimizaton-game-Fox-News-plays

===============

FWIW I think Jon Stewart is being overly generous when he calls this
"un-self-awareness". I reckon these "victims" know exactly what they
are doing. It's straight out of chapter 1 of the Karl Rove playbook:

Don't attack the opponent's weaknesses. Attack his strengths.

For example, if the opponent is the only adult in the room, accuse
him of being a crybaby.

In low-level terms, you've got to admire it as a brilliant tactic.

For those of us who have higher-level goals, strategic goals, such as
trying to make the world a better place, it's disgusting. It makes
it impossible to have any rational discussion of the real issues. It's
the sort of thing that gives hypocrisy a bad name.