Re: [Phys-l] made-up evidence

John, you seem to be correct on this. The actual quote was about Nixon from The New Yorker theatre
critic Pauline Kael. In February of 2011, the magazine's film editor Richard Brody wrote: "Pauline Kael
famously commented, after the 1972 Presidential election, `I live in a rather special world. I only know
one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don´t know. They´re outside my ken. But sometimes
when I´m in a theater I can feel them.´" The widely-circulated quote "I can´t believe Nixon won. I don´t
know anyone who voted for him." seems to be quoted inaccurately.