Re: [Phys-l] Global warming violates FLT AND Le Chatelier

The most outrageous part is his arithmetic. He points out that there is an
increase in CO2 and cites the figure. He then points out that 3% of CO2
emissions are human induced (actually it is closer to 5, but that is a minor
quibble. He then multiplies the 3% times the increase in CO2 to figure how
much is caused by humans, and claims it is a miniscule amount.

In reality the human contribution to CO2 in the atmosphere is greater than
the amount that the CO2 increases. So if the various human contributions
were removed, the CO2 would not increase. So I would say that 100% of the
yearly increase is due to human actions. Obviously some of the anthropogeic
CO2 is being consumed by the biosphere.

Now I understand the faulty math that is being used when the global warming
deniers claim that humans only contribute 5% to the increase in CO2. Their
math is like saying I got a 5% raise so now I can add 2500 dollars to
savings each year. But only 5% of the money I put into savings came from
the raise.

And let us not forget that global warming advocates are called global
warming alarmists. The verbiage used is a clue that they are not trying to
be neutral.

Looking around, there is another FOX report apparently citing the same "new"
NASA evidence. An A&M professor claims that this is neither new
information, nor is the analysis correct. And the new paper apparently has
the Roy Spencer as one of the authors. He is controversial and has written
that he does not believe that God would allow global warming. So he is
biased.

In either case the new satellite data shows that the mass of Antarctica is
decreaseing in a consistent fashion with melting at the same rate as the N
polar ice cap, Greenland, and the other glaciers. Further evidence shows
that the shape of the Earth is changing slightly due to the lower mass of
ice and the extra water in the oceans. The deniers have claimed that
Antarctica has growing ice, but they ignored the fact that some parts had
thinning ice. Also part of this claim was due to larger seasonal ice
shelfs, and did not take into account continental ice. Now that claim is
firmly shown to be in error.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX