Re: [Phys-l] Retention: tail wags dog

I suppose these rules are made up by business types with no clue of the human factor in education. Or probably the rules are made by the administrators whose jobs depend on the money from the legislature who usually don't know anything about education and couldn't care less. Uniformity in widgets makes sense. Uniformity in people percentages is nonsense. Do they make allowances for people getting sick or death in the family or a family member losing their job and the student having to go out to work?