[Phys-l] cosmology question

In the old days before dark energy we used to say that a flat universe, i.e. critical density, would expand at a decreasing rate with the rate of expansion tending to zero.
Now we know about dark energy. The rate of expansion is accelerating. But CMBR observations tell us that the universe is pretty much flat. How do flatness, critical density and fate of the universe relate to each other in a universe with dark energy?

Mark.