Re: [Phys-l] Mr Kleinman needs a physics lesson...

On 5/5/2011 3:56 PM, Bill Nettles wrote:

William Robertson Thursday, May 05, 2011 3:45 PM...
//
Scary. In my son's psychology class this year, they showed a film
titled "What the Bleep do we Know?" or something like that. They, too,
were trying a apply quantum physics principles to everyday life
situations. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

[Bill Nettles] An ill-defined vocabulary is a dangerous thing, as I constantly remind my students. I don't believe there is much knowledge involved. "Newton's first law of thermodynamics." Sheesh.
Wouldn't want people in other fields applying Newtonian thermodynamics - e.g. in working the speed of sound. He got it wrong, after all! :-)

Brian W