Re: [Phys-l] Mr Kleinman needs a physics lesson...

When the poetic metaphors mislead people about basic science principles, they cease to be poetic. How do you feel when someone describes, say, a retaliation crime with "An example of action and reaction?" Things like that lead the general public to a total misunderstanding of science concepts. Do you really want people to think that "observation disturbing the system" applies to everyday life? One can be poetic without completely misrepresenting scientific concepts.

I'm often completely irreverent when discussing science, but I don't misrepresent the science.

Bill