Re: [Phys-l] How did Bill Gates get to decide what's good for our children?

On 2011, May 05, , at 10:34, Aburr@aol.com wrote:

"Gated has a long history
of unethical and criimnal behavior "

Presumably the author meant Gates

Character assassination should not be a part of this list.
The answer to the title question is that it never happened.
This list should discuss ways to improve the educational process,
particularly as regards physics but unsupported and distorted comments are counter
productive.

"Gates is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution. Although he is admired by many, a number of industry insiders criticize his business tactics, which they consider anti-competitive, an opinion which has in some cases been upheld by the courts.[7][8] "

"Early rounds of his deposition show him offering obfuscatory answers and saying 'I don't recall,' so many times that even the presiding judge had to chuckle. Worse, many of the technology chief's denials and pleas of ignorance were directly refuted by prosecutors with snippets of e-mail Gates both sent and received.[49]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates#CITEREFLesinski2006

Character assassination implies using falsehoods, exaggeration, etc. Perhaps Gates is guilty of criminality, or BZ exaggerates, but Gates has been found guilty of unethical behaviour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_assassination

I don't think the (my, well, Sam Smith's) subject implies a Tzar like status where Gates may issue Ukases, but an unwarranted influence. He certainly has or will have if the article I posted is true.

bc thinks the acquisition of great wealth requires criminality.

p.s. My post may not be "on subject", but it certainly is peripheral.