Re: [Phys-l] corrupting the youth

I can't say I share that bleak assessment. Yes, science has a diminished role in schools, but it's still there (though not necessarily done effectively). In principle, I agree that science should get less attention than reading and math. Someone who doesn't understand a lick of science can be successful in life, but someone with nonexistent math and language skills is relegated to the lower rung of society. Of course, in reality way too many students graduate with inadequate math and language skills despite the time spent on them!

Bill