Re: [Phys-l] corrupting the youth

The solution is to combine them à la Zinsser.

"Writing to Learn"

bc thinks the successor to Strunk and White

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Zinsser

http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinside/index.aspx?isbn13=9780062720405

On 2010, Dec 15, , at 13:56, William Robertson wrote:

I can't say I share that bleak assessment. Yes, science has a
diminished role in schools, but it's still there (though not
necessarily done effectively). In principle, I agree that science
should get less attention than reading and math. Someone who doesn't
understand a lick of science can be successful in life, but someone
with nonexistent math and language skills is relegated to the lower
rung of society. Of course, in reality way too many students graduate
with inadequate math and language skills despite the time spent on them!

Bill