From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Wendy
Kristine Adams
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 5:51 PM
To: 'Forum for Physics Educators'
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] periodic table invention

Mendeleev did and I have a set of power points showing this that I show to
the students the next day. That's actually part of the lesson, the
frustration of having to erase and rearrange. It seems to "stick" better
that way. I've been extremely pleased with the outcomes of the library
activity. One of the biggest benefits is that students do not realize that
it's about the periodic table or chemistry which really impacts the way they
approach the problem. It's not science, it's something they can do!