Re: [Phys-l] Conservative/Liberal science?

The Wiki. page does report some prominent Republicans did condemn it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_the_Magic_Negro

RNC Chairman Mike Duncan said in a statement reported Saturday afternoon by Politico. 'I am shocked and appalled that anyone would think this is appropriate, as it clearly does not move us in the right direction.' [13][14]

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich commented that "This is so inappropriate that it should disqualify any Republican National Committee candidate who would use it."[7] The chairs of the Republican state committees in North Dakota and Florida concurred.[15]

bc thinks it's not necessarily a double std. when the same thing is used in different contexts.

p.s. The idea of the "white" black is old hat. Cf. the banana Asian: White on the inside, and yellow on the outside.