Re: [Phys-l] Conservative/Liberal science?

In a message dated 11/13/2010 1:20:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
marx@phy.ilstu.edu writes:

Bob at PC and I are both correct on this. Please see the Wikipedia
article on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_the_Magic_Negro

Bob Z has misapplied a technical term.

Look I think it's totally disingenuous to pretend right wing hate radio
doesn't play the racist card or anti gay card or whatever card is useful
every chance they get. This is disturbing enough but that so few (if any)
conservatives condemn this crap is even more distrubing. If I were a
conservative I wouldn't want this kind of thing associated with my political
philosophy. Of course the race card is very powerful, especially in red states
where, while racism isn't so much out in the open it still seethes under the
surface of white voter thinking. It's not that I think faux news, that is
the murdock puppet show, really cares one way or the other about racism,
they just understand how useful it is. I don't care where this originated
from some other source, this is clear and open use of racism for a political
end and to deny it does it no credit to conservatives. BTW the only actual
liberal media are low circulation publications like the nation or mother
Jones and so on, all the rest are part of the corporate media, ditto NYT)

Bob Zannelli

RLAMONT@providence.edu writes:

May I point out that the term "Barack the Magic Negro" comes from a Los
Angeles Times Op Ed piece - hardly a bastion of conservative ideas.
Limbaugh
uses the term to point out that the left is blind to its own problems
with
racism.

Bob at PC

Oh really? . I think the technical term here is BULLSHIT. No surprise.

Bob Zannelli

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Bao4VUQmI_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Bao4VUQmI)

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu