Re: [Phys-l] buoyancy on a submerged pole

Just one correction. If the box is empty, we are removing a downward force on the bottom of the aquarium that would be there if the box were replaced with water. The downward force on that part of the bottom of the aquarium is less than the downward force on the bottom all around the box.

Bill

William C. Robertson, Ph.D.