Re: [Phys-l] UV-curable epoxies?

Dentists now use vis. curable, as, perhaps?, they don't want to be sued for causing melanoma.

I doubt if their cements are clear.

On 2010, Oct 23, , at 06:35, Edmiston, Mike wrote:

To get rid of bubbles you need to put it in a vacuum chamber and slowly evacuate for a few minutes.

Michael Edmiston
Bluffton University

In the old days (when not outsourced) dentists used centrifugal casting. One wound it up as a victrola.

bc's host in Moscow had a centrifugal espresso maker!!!

p.s. I suspect methacrylate monomer would do the job -- this may be what dentists use(d).