Re: [Phys-l] UV-curable epoxies?

On 10/22/2010 08:03 PM, curtis osterhoudt wrote:

A colleague and I are thinking of freezing some particle dispersion patterns
in epoxy, but we need something that's relatively optically clear once cured,
isn't TOO expensive, isn't super-viscous until it's cured, and can be obtained
in volumes that aren't microscopic. Does anyone on this list have experience
with UV-cured epoxies, and can recommend for/against any particular ones? I may
have to ask my local dentist, too.

I would suggest you call a resin /distributor/ such as
http://www.m-holland.com/

I suggest that you ask about "UV-curable resin"
^^^^^
because not all of the relevant resins are in the epoxy family.

Such things are available for purchase online in liter quantities;
if you need much more than that you should definitely call a distributor.