From: "Bernard Cleyet" <bernardcleyet@redshift.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 3:34 AM
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Sig figs

I think the idea is if I specify I want an inch but write 0.999 is ok and he's tuning he'll stop there. This, of course is just before the accuracy available w/ position encoders.

bc doesn't remember what the UCSB machinist wanted (55 years ago)

p.s. I think you just used sig. figs. Don't let JD know.