Re: [Phys-l] Sig figs

I think the idea is if I specify I want an inch but write 0.999 is ok and he's tuning he'll stop there. This, of course is just before the accuracy available w/ position encoders.

bc doesn't remember what the UCSB machinist wanted (55 years ago)

p.s. I think you just used sig. figs. Don't let JD know.