Re: [Phys-l] Memory and how it works

Bob,
They have to reason, write and be numeric about something, they can't do it in the abstract. From what I can tell, in elementary grades, science well done, not with a text book, is so infectious that students become willing learners of reading, writing, and rithmetic.

Near you is a powerful organization supporting children learning science. It is in Warren Rhode Island and is called the East Bay Collaborative. Take a look some time and tell me what you think.

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College