Re: [Phys-l] differentiated instruction

I, too am curious about the statement: "non-research-based
idea of learning styles". Do you have more specific evidence that these definitions are non-research based?

Having sat through too many workshops on learning styles, I wonder if these definitions are largely dreamed up terms, or actually researched definitions of specific behaviors. Generally the workshops define the different styles "with authority", but that leaves much to question... So, what is the basis of Horton's statement? Karl