Re: [Phys-l] Nuclear Reactors

It's nice to see a reasonable approach championed.

While I tend to view Bob at PC's comments reasonably articulated, I somehow can't let this disparity go:

We have an absurdly large supply of ridiculously
cheap coal (sorry - I'm not swayed by arguments of "true" cost). It is
national economic suicide not to use this supply.

When I fly to California every couple of years and look at the windmills
outside of Vacaville blighting those beautiful California hills I get
angry enough to almost start shaking. What idiots would do that to such
magnificent countryside?

Wassa matta? You think the California hill sides are somehow better or more deserving than the W Virginia mountains? Or... maybe you just think the California *people* are better or more deserving.

Quite aside from environmental concerns or what is done to "magnificent countryside," I seriously doubt, for example, just for starters, that any California family's cemetery has been dug up, moved, and then lost, by a stupid windmill company.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for using the coal as well, but... gimme a break. At least find a different point to argue.

Stefan Jeglinski