Re: [Phys-l] Nuclear Reactors

From: "LaMontagne, Bob" <RLAMONT@providence.edu>
 Wind power NEVER will. No one wants wind
farms near them. They may look wonderful to an environmental activist,
but to most sane people they are just plain ugly.

For what it's worth, I actually think that windmills look incredibly cool. That said, it will take several states worth of land to get enough solar and wind energy to start replacing many coal, natural gas, and nuclear power plants.

However, we already blot the views of several states with farms. The Central Valley of California should be a lovely desert but it is filled with ugly canals and hideous fields of food, looking totally unnatural. Don't think I'm crazy that most farms look terrible. Most do not look like calendar pictures or gardens, especially after harvest. They smell bad too, not even counting the livestock.

Why do people put up with it? Well, we like to eat what we like to eat.

And I love my computer and the electricity that runs it.

Zeke Kossover