Re: [Phys-l] global temperatures

We would do well to remember that the CO2 level is only around 0.03% (give or take 0.001%) by volume of the atmosphere, and the actual amount of thermal "forcing" caused by changes in CO2 levels is subject to reasonable debate. Yes, caution is an admirable quantity, but fear-mongering is not ( not accusing you, kyle, but there are notable influential people who scream "change is bad/good" depending on how it serves their financial and political budgets. I think there are a lot of correlations that are being suspected as causes.

Sometimes cures produce their own problems, such as the case of staph bacteria and antibiotics.

Bill

kyle forinash <kforinas@ius.edu> 4/5/2009 10:16 am >>>
HI

I also think caution is advised about global warming claims but have
arrived at the opposite conclusion as some recent posts would seem to
imply. There doesn't seem to be any doubt that CO2 levels are up by 30%
and are continuing to go up. There doesn't seem to be any doubt as to
the source of this CO2. Shouldn't we be cautious about performing such
an experiment on the atmosphere, particularly if we aren't exactly sure
what is happening?

Other:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/05/ice-shelf-wilkins-antarctic

kyle