Re: [Phys-l] Centrifugal redux

Bear with me here - I really am trying to get a handle on this Point of View thing.

On Mar 20, 2009, at Mar 20(Fri) 9:30 , Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Hi Chuck!
You should also be "MOST perplexed" by the same behavior of moving electric
charges and their electro-magnetic fields:

Suppose I am in my car, parked outside a building containing a huge static
electric charge (perhaps a Van de Graff dome).
If I now depress my car's gas pedal, I will encounter a magnetic field
generated by the (now moving) electric charge. My gas pedal action did not
move the charge, I simply moved into a new frame in which the
electromagnetic field of that charge has a magnetic component.

Bottom Line: Your conundrum is not new or unique to gravi-magnetic
phenomena. We have long experienced it in Maxwellian electrodynamics.

Can't I say - that I am ALWAYS in my OWN ref frame?
Then the gas pedal DID give motion to the charge.

Or must I always keep a cup of coffee in my lap - to let me know when I have shifted to a new frame.
This doesn't seem right - since folks are saying that a satellite is in it's own frame - NOT constantly shifting from one to another.

So I DIDn't move to a new frame
My almighty gas pedal was able to push the entire universe backward!!!!

And this backward accelerating universe is 'responsible' for the increased normal force on my back.

General Rel. unites Gravity with E&M.
'Standard Model' unites E&M with Quantum.

I'm betting on quantized space/time to get the final deed done.