From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of David
Appell
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 3:04 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Is Global Warming really a one-sided point of,
view ora scientif...

<RLAMONT@providence.edu> wrote:
What has been the trend in average global temperature over the past
10
years?

According to NASA GISS's data[1], it is just slightly positive -- about
0.02 C in 10 years. 2005 was the warmest year ever in their records, and

Jan 2007 was the warmest month ever compared to its average. The past 6
months have all been warmer than the year before.

In any case, such plateaus have occurred before in the last 35 years,
especially in the early- to mid-1990s, and are nothing original or
unexpected[2] by the theory of anthropogenic global warming.

David

[1] http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt
[2]
http://davidappell.blogspot.com/2008/11/has-global-warming-stopped.html