Re: [Phys-l] Students' READING abilities

John Clement wrote:
if you listen to Jabberwocky with ear muffs on you can sometimes reinterpret
it to make perfect sense "slimy toads?...". I wonder how many students
treated it as just a series of mis-spellings? ...
John M. Clement
Houston, TX
That so-called "nonsense" verse of Professor Dodgson's
is more frank about the appeal that verse can make
to the sub-conscious,than many poems that parse and scan perfectly well. Just as some paintings echo in our minds, these abstract verses
can long survive the majority of Alice and her friends, and outlive
these children's children and grandchildren.

Brian W