Re: [Phys-l] drop magnet through loop

Paul Lulai wrote:
If we take the derivative to get voltage, would the point where the 'hump' begins being non-zero be the region of largest voltage? That seems odd to me. However, that would be where the slope would be greatest.

Paul Lulai

Ah, this same wonderment at how current can be maximal where the voltage passes zero; at how the voltage can be maximal where the current passes zero;
at how acceleration can be constant and positive when velocity passes zero,
how velocity can be maximal where acceleration passes zero ...in various circumstances.
Too easy to forget from long familiarity, how counter-intuitive this all is.....

BrianW