Re: [Phys-l] FCI answer?

John Clement wrote:
Not very. The drawing shows the puck moving from P to Q in the positive X
direction, and it shows the force acting perpendicularly in the +Y
direction. It then tells you that the force would produce speed Vk if the
puck were at rest. ....
John M. Clement
Houston, TX
Ah yes. I think I see my error. When the direction is specified as "horizontal" I did not deduce
that it was +X directed, rather that it was not directed in the +-Z direction (i.e in the axis where the
kinematics was being viewed.) Silly me! :-)

BrianW