Re: [Phys-l] FCI answer?

Since it makes reference to the previous problem, it is quite clear that the
change in velocity is only perpendicular to the original velocity so a
component is added in the Y direction on the diagram. Also the notation
makes it clear that you are adding a velocity.

Incidentally the test is actually available in toto on the web if you look
hard enough.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

The preamble to the problem tries to get around issues of impulse applied
at
an instant, I think. I don't want to be too specific in an open forum, of
course, but do others think that the description before the figure deals
with the issue that Bill brought up?

On preview, I see that JD has brought up the similar point.

sincerely,
Krishna

Krishna Chowdary
Faculty, Math & Physics