Re: [Phys-l] glassware needed

they suffer just the same
deficit as the style of meter that loses narrow power consumption spikes of
naive experimenters - it's still a bandwidth issue.

You certain about that?

I thought, well maybe the inertia of wheel and armature absorbs the pulse and because of the very low source impedance there's no "over shoot", so the spike will be ignored. Then I thought of the ballistic galvo. wherein the spike (e.g. discharging cap.) is over before the armature moves. OTOH the BG is shunted by a CDRX not way over damped (milliOhms). To test this at some point I'll drive one of my d 'Arsonval wattmeters (light bulb loaded) w/ an amp driven by a pulse generator, and a filament transformer for Z matching. O'scope observation, natürlich.

No that's not exactly the case, hell, use the triac lamp dimmer and o'scope.

bc can't wait, but already convinced.

Variacs are helpful for maintaining power waveforms - but they don't come
cheap.

p.s. Mark K. found two and gave me one at the San Francisco City College surplus give away a few weeks ago. At one time RAFT had a few for a few $$ ea.