Re: [Phys-l] induced electric field

Not lately.
In reviewing the easily available data earlier, I noticed this gee-whiz "recreating famous experiments" URL:
http://www.juliantrubin.com/bigten/hertzexperiment.html

Julian offers this comment:
"Hertz first experiment – creating, sending and detecting radio waves – is relatively simple, not beyond the abilities of middle school students." ...or so he says.

I notice that one of Hertz's transmitters was an end loaded dipole with one meter legs and one of Hertz's receivers was a single turn loop of diameter 7.5 cm.

Though Hertz needed his transmitter and receiver to resonate at the same frequency for effective use, I am guessing that these particular items were not intended for the same experiment, perhaps this was an issue for you too?

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:
In short, did you actually do it?
???

Jack Uretsky wrote:
is not that hard, or was not that hard?
Regards,
Jack

With a peak emitted power of hundreds of watts in the VHF, that
initial [Hertzian Wave] demonstration is not that hard to replicate, if the antennae are close....

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Methinks it is not that simple. The fields sare usually generated in an enclosed space...