Re: [Phys-l] induced electric field

Perhaps it will be easier if I develop the idea in several steps:
1)An ordinary radio receiver may use a coil wound on a ferrite core
as an antenna.
2) Whatever antenna can receive radio waves can transmit radio waves.
3) Therefor a device which can produce a time varying magnetic field
can radiate radio waves.
Moreover...
4) A device which can carry a time varying electric wave,
can similarly radiate radio waves.

OK?

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:
Radio waves from a betatron? Tell me more, please.

A (slowly) increasing magnetic field gives rise to an electromagnetic
field, in the nature of things, that radiates at the speed of light -
we call them radio waves.

Brian W