Re: [Phys-l] induced electric field

With a peak emitted power of hundreds of watts in the VHF, that
initial demonstration is not that hard to replicate, if the antennae are close....

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:
Methinks it is not that simple. The fields sare usually generated in an enclosed space, and the effect of the boundaries are crucial. Antenna design is one of the higher arts.
I had a taste of this one evening when another teacher and I, fooling around in the lab, tried to duplicate the settup where Hertz discovered radio waves. We never succeeded, even with a copy of sthe famous Britannica article describing his setup.
Regards,
Jack