Re: [Phys-l] Physics job opening in Texas for 2008-09

Hi all-
We seem to have wandered far from my point. To the extent that I am reponsible, I apologize, while, in passing, I suggest that Professor Clement might benefit from investigating how the API prepares and field tests its multiple coice questions. These strike me as similar to the FCI, with similar distractors. Old AP exams are available, and readers can compare the performance of their students on FCI and old AP multiple choice tests (clearly not a waste of students' time - and much superior to exchangge of polemics).
My point, again: Experimental results are subject to uncertainty, both statistical and systematic. Without a discussion of systematic uncertainty, a result is meaningless. Members of any discipline that is, in fact, research based, will demonstrate their awareness of this fact.

Regards,
Jack