Re: [Phys-l] googology

Alta Vista used to be an HP company back in the mid 90's when HP bought out DEC who developed it. HP hired a guy from Dell to run it and he had no Idea how to run a software company. So all the developers jumped ship in the late 90's sealing its doom to be a could have been. Yahoo then took over through a series of takeovers.

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
I used google only to find <.usgs.gov> then used the usgs search.

bc not always a googler.

p.s. to find privacy, censoring, and human rights objections to google, recently, I used altavista and found a desired site censored by yahoo (Evidently altavista is now a yahoo subsidiary. I thought it was an HP or Xerox -- wrong *)

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltaVista