Re: [Phys-l] 9.80 vs. 9.81

At 05:45 AM 4/21/2008, you wrote:
I must be missing something here. What are the units of the gravity data at the GeoNet sites? For our location in the northwestern part of Virginia, US, I find values of 3881.42 with no units or explanation. The Getting Started guide says the values will be in cm/s^2, but that is not the case.

What am I missing?

Richard Bowman

Bouguer noted the dilution of g with altitude.
This idea of variability against a baseline level is carried through on modern
determinations of the kind that John D., has referred us to.
But you should notice that the baseline value to which the local variances is to be added
is noted there too.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!