Re: [Phys-l] harmonics

On 04/15/2008 03:20 PM, Anthony Lapinski wrote:

.... Does anyone have or know of a good
website/reference/table/book that shows all the instruments, which
harmonics are present, and their relative magnitude?

Certainly not "all" the instruments.

Far and away the best physics-of-music site I know is the
Music Acoustics program at UNSW.
http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/music/

They advertise pages on Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Didjeridu,
Guitar, Violin, and Voice.

If you really need data for oboe / timpani / piano or something like
that, you might beseech them to measure it; they obviously know how.

I really like that site; they do an exceptional job of making things
accessible to non-experts without sacrificing technical correctness.