Re: [Phys-l] Global Warming [was: Is evolution something tobelievein?]

Hi all-
While I'm more or less on John's side in this discussion, I disagree with his seeming contention that a "provocation" excuses a "response". The contrary view is expressed in the admonition: "Never wrestle with a pig; you both get dirty, and the pig has a good time."
Provocation as an excuse has the flavor of "he made me do it"
- a completley paranoid statement because nobody can make anybody do anything, short of literal gunpoint.
Regards,
Jack