Re: [Phys-l] the role of simulation

Hi all-
It is certainly an alleged fact, because John alleged it in his e-mail. It may also be a fact, I have no way of telling from John's e-mail. Nor, incidentally have I found the so-called "experiment" that John claims to have 'referenced".
John's posting raisesan interesting question in the field of
Physics Teaching - to the extent that there is such a field. Namely, under what conditios have I performed a reportable "experiment". I have an algebra test that I've given to several classes of first year college physics students. Am I justified in reporting the average grade achieved on the test ? And would the editor of AJP, for example, be justified in publishing it? If so, under what circumstance?
Regards,
Jack