[Phys-l] atmospheric transmission

hi

I want to make my own graphs of atmospheric transmission similar to http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki/Image:Atmospheric_Transmission_png

I have found data out to 4 micrometers (http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/spectra/am1.5/ASTMG173/ASTMG173.html) but not any numbers for higher wavelengths out to 30 or 40 micron (the full earth's blackbody range).

The Gats, Inc SpectralCalc.com web page (http://www.spectralcalc.com/calc/spectralcalc.php) purports to have the capability to calculate transmission spectra (for a fee) but without paying for it I can't tell if it will actually give me what I need.

Several sources quote Houghton's Physics of Atmospheres and he does have this graph but there is only partial data in his tables.

Does anyone have any idea where the raw data for these graphs can be found?

kyle

"When applied to material things,
the term "sustainable growth" is an oxymoron."
Albert Bartlett

kyle forinash 812-941-2039
kforinas@ius.edu
http://Physics.ius.edu/