Re: [Phys-l] new construction help

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Haar" <haar@physics.arizona.edu>

Dear Paul,

You have listed compressed air, but have you considered a central
blower for air tracks.

Suggestion: If you use air tracks don't go for a central blower--too expensive and your architects/engineers will overdesign and otherwise screw it up. Think commercial air-track blowers mounted below (or above, or behind a wall) with on/off switches and a valved connector within the room. This ($5,000) solution to our remodeled labs came from the two of us here and replaced the $50,000 solution that the engineers were going to install. We have each blower feeding two stations--each station with a control valve (plastic). The reduction in noise is fantastic.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College