Re: [Phys-l] new construction help

Dear Paul,

I may have missed this, but dimable lights to augment the standard overhead lighting could be useful. Especially if they have red bulbs. I regret not adding these to our labs during renovations.

In our mechanics labs I often wish for high tables about 1.5 to 2 meters square, instead of our long counters. This is because tracks pulleys and suspended masses work better if every station has a good overhang.

You have listed compressed air, but have you considered a central blower for air tracks.

Thanks
Roger Haar

Paul Lulai wrote:
Hey.

I teach at St. Anthony Village High School, just outside of Minneapolis.
We are currently planning a renovation of our science rooms. We are
continually being told to design world class labs for the next 100
years. In the next few weeks we will be taking tours of local schools
to take a look at some newer science labs.

I have three questions (or maybe 2 with an a&b on #2):
First- if you are from the Minneapolis area, can you recommend a school
that we visit?

SNIP

Paul Lulai . . . To wonder is to begin to understand
Physics Instructor
Science Olympiad Coach
US First Robotics Teacher
.: Medtronic - St Anthony RoboHuskie Team 2574:.
Saint Anthony Village Senior High School, ISD 282
3303 33rd Avenue N.E.
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418
(w) 612-706-1144
(fax) 612-706-1140