[Phys-l] National Public Radio confuses speed and acceleration

This morning, NPR's Morning Edition ended with a brief story about
electric vehicles. Among other things, it made a classic kinematics
mistake - confusing acceleration with speed. They said:

"The Roadster goes from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4 seconds. Electric
motorcycles can go even faster - up to 120 mile per hour."

I think I'll use this in class this year to show that even smart people
do bad science.

Tim