Re: [Phys-l] interaction

I would never say that a field exerts a force. A exerts a force on B through the medium of the field. The free-body diagram of my hand supporting a mass should show the force of the earth on the mass and the opposing force of my hand on the mass. The mass, of course, exerts an equal and opposite force on the earth.
Regards,
Jack