Re: [Phys-l] The Cause of Global Warming. What's the Proof thehypothysises and models are right?

These are open source images from NASA. Note that they were taken with microwave sensors, so that they were able to see through the cloud cover. They are part of a very long data set that was obtained from a number of satellites.

Note also that they are montages, in a sense - the land masses are not real in the respect that they are not included in the presented data stream, only as a reference. I don't know how one would find data that is closer to the "raw images". I doubt it is available to the hobbyist.

Surely the Greenland ice cap is retreating as well. Granted this topic's was presented as sea ice alone, but it would have been interesting to see that big white spot on Greenland change too. I haven't googled yet, anyone know if similar animations exist for Greenland?

Stefan Jeglinski