Re: [Phys-l] The Cause of Global Warming. What's the Proof the hypothysises and models are right?

You might also want to take a look at:

http://irascibleprofessor.com/comments-04-22-07.htm

At least one source of the stills shown above can be had from this animation:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2005/sea_ice.html

Although sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, one extra picture can help. The animation shows the situation much improved just one year later (2004). In fact, the animation, in my poor mind, shows a highly dynamic situation that, as a scientist, I would be able to draw no conclusions from (a 25 yr period) in the scheme of global climate change, where historical data points can cover 1000-yr periods.

Contrary to your initial reaction, I'm /not/ dissing global warming cheerleaders, nor detractors. This is a good example of how seemingly compelling presentations to a casual viewer may not be what they might seem to be. The only thing I'm sure of as I dig deeper to slowly learn about this topic, is that I will find compelling discussion from both sides (even from the bad guys), once I discard the 90% written by politicos.

Stefan Jeglinski