Re: [Phys-l] AJP

Hi John-
See my today's post for an example. Part of my experiences were with a former editor. Referee's are not always assigned, and when they are there is not necessarily an attempt to find a referee who is conversant with the field in question.
I believe that the e-mails that would document my remarks still reside on disks that I can access, although our system has undergone some changes over the years.
Oversight is welcome. A good start would be to get the policies down in writing so that they are available for comment and understood by all - that is the opposite of having a journal treated as a personal fiefdom by an editor.
Regards,
Jack