Re: [Phys-l] Blame it on cell 'phones

I thought it was UV that was killing the amphibians, but that was some
time ago when I read that. Also, for a change we (US and the others)
did something about the ozone hole and I understand it's recovering.
Since I've not heard lately about the amphibians, maybe that was it?
The cell 'phone and amphibians are certainly a wonderful opportunity to
combine Bio., Chem., and Physics. [Ludwik]

According to some recent articles a disease spread by humans is killing a large number of amphibians. I seem to recall it may have originated in Africa, but I may be wrong on that one. The effect is quite dramatic sometimes whole species are wiped out at once overnight. The article was probably in the NYTimes science section.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX