Re: [Phys-l] Blame it on cell 'phones

Try starting w/ a viable hive; move it to near a cell 'phone tower. * That of course doesn't eliminate all the extraneous variables.

I thought it was UV that was killing the amphibians, but that was some time ago when I read that. Also, for a change we (US and the others) did something about the ozone hole and I understand it's recovering. Since I've not heard lately about the amphibians, maybe that was it?
The cell 'phone and amphibians are certainly a wonderful opportunity to combine Bio., Chem., and Physics. [Ludwik]

* That's prospective; surely there's lotsa data for retrospective!

bc

John M Clement wrote:

The other question is whether it is the newer cell phones vs the older ones. Is there a modulation effect, and is there a particular set of frequencies that are involved?

I would think a smaller scale experiment with high power would be appropriate to see if any effect is noticed. Then if there is one do some larger scale experiments. In other words beam a strong signal at the experimental hive.

There are certainly other variables. What about anomalies in the

cut