Re: [Phys-l] Was, reading PER literature

Hi all-
I agree with "stopped reading too soon". The familiar tactic is to trivialize a concern by focussing on an irrelevance; in the classic
pathology between spouses, the response to a spousal concern is "you're so beautiful (handsome) when you're angry!" (I've even had this from a class I chewed out for not preparing for a test!).
The operative comment, from one who should know, was:
"The paradox is this: as a lingering result of the golden age, we still have the finest scientists in the world in the United States. But we also have the worst science education in the industrialized world."
We have met the enemy, Bernard, and it is high time to admit that he is us!
Reply,
Jack